Our Commitment to the Future
At Abacus, we believe that empowering students empowers the legal profession. We started the AbacusNext Academic Program to help students and teachers gain an understanding of technology’s role in the classroom and the courtroom, from college to boardroom, and everything in between.
Benefits of the AbacusNext Academic Program
- Flexibility: Learn your way! We offer both Cloud and Desktop solutions for you and your students.
- Insight - Experiential Learning: Prepare students with the tools that are required on the job and used by hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide.
- Support - Best in Class: Participating organizations receive free technical support, product upgrades, and guidance on how best to make our solutions work for you.
The AbacusNext Academic Program brings best practices to the learning process
The AbacusNext Academic Program is designed to provide students and faculty with cloud and desktop versions of the world’s most popular practice management software platform.
Our commitment to our academic partners ensures that students receive practical training in all aspects of practice management, from legal clinics that offer comprehensive pro-bono services to corporate lawyers on Wall Street. Our software can help educators teach students while utilizing the most widely-used practice management software on the market.
The AbacusNext Academic Program is designed to give qualifying legal educational institutions licenses of our practice management software for use in the classroom and for non-profit legal clinics. This includes software licenses, support and training resources, and documentation for use in the classroom as part of the education process.
Our existing academic partners utilize our solutions in a number of settings:
- Classroom use in courses on legal technology, practice management and case management
- Pro-bono university-affiliated legal clinics
- General University and Law libraries
- Personal use by students and faculty members while enrolled/affiliated with a member institution
The AbacusNext Academic Program is designed to give qualifying educational institutions licenses of AbacusLaw practice management software for use in the academic setting for a flat annual fee. This includes software licenses, support and training resources, and documentation for use in the classroom as part of the education process. Customized services are also available at a discounted price.
Please note that academic use covered by this program constitutes use by faculty, students, and staff within the educational process of the program or institution. Used by in-house university counsel for non-educational purpose is not covered by the Amicus Attorney Academic Program.
Am I eligible to participate?
If your academic institution graduates legal professionals by any designation, then the answer is yes. Lawyers and law firms who use practice management software consistently report higher client and staff satisfaction, lower malpractice claims, and higher profitability. AbacusNext is the world’s most widely-used practice management system and is the standard by which all others are measured. By introducing practice management at school, your students will benefit from greater practical exposure in the course of their academic process and will be better prepared for post-graduation work.
You bring the passion. We bring the solutions.
- Software: Our Academic Program includes the use of Abacus products designed to provide the most comprehensive practice management experience to your students and faculty, subject to your institution meeting our software requirements.
- Support & Training: By joining the AbacusNext Academic Program, your institution will gain access to unlimited telephone and web support. Our objective is to provide the AbacusNext Academic Program customers with the best experience possible. Training will be made available via webinar along with local training opportunities through the use of AbacusNext Certified Consultants.
- Materials: AbacusNext will provide supporting materials and documentation to assist the institution in both classroom and clinic settings. Materials will include recorded webinars, written manuals and class inserts, exercises and quiz notes.