Abacus Private Cloud Professional Services Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern all “Professional Service” provided by Abacus Data Systems, Inc. (“Abacus”) related to a Clients’ Abacus Private Cloud Environment or Amicus Private Cloud Environment and identified in any Service Order or Statement of Work executed by Client.
1. Deliverables - The project deliverables for Professional Services will be identified on an ‘AS-Need’ basis, recorded on a Statement of Work (“SOW”), including an estimate of hours to complete the project, and approved by the Client prior to work commencing. Such SOW shall be incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions, and governed by the same terms as set forth below. Upon completion of the work set forth in any SOW, Abacus will deliver a document entitled “End of Project,” which will signify that Abacus has completed the work set forth in the SOW and that no further work will be performed by Abacus without Client executing a new SOW.
2. Confidential Information - To the extent that the completion of the Professional Services set forth in an executed SOW requires Abacus to access Client’s data, Abacus acknowledges that Client’s data shall be treated as confidential information. Client hereby authorizes Abacus to access Client’s data only as reasonably necessary to complete the Professional Services set forth in the particular SOW. Abacus further warrants that it will maintain the confidential nature of Client's data and will not disclose the data or its contents to third parties without the Client’s express written consent.
3. Migration – To the extent Client provides Abacus with data for the purposes of migrating that data to Client’s Abacus Private Cloud Environment, Amicus Private Cloud Environment, AbacusLaw, Amicus Attorney or other applications, Client herby confirms that it has the legal right to have that data migrated to Client’s Abacus Private Cloud Environment, Amicus Private Cloud Environment, AbacusLaw, Amicus Attorney or other applications. Client further acknowledges that if a dispute arises over whether Client has the legal right to possess or control the data prior to Abacus performing the migration, Abacus will not migrate the data to Client’s Abacus Private Cloud Environment, Amicus Private Cloud Environment, AbacusLaw, Amicus Attorney, other applications or otherwise, absent written authorization from the party originally disputing Client’s right to the data or a court order.
4. Payment for Services – Abacus will charge Client for the Professional Services contemplated in an executed SOW at a rate of $197 per hour. Abacus may be required to charge sales tax on any and all charges for Professional Services. Any such taxes will be in addition to the amounts charged for such services .Client shall have an option to purchase Professional Service hours by the block at a discounted price based on the rate set forth in a Service Order or SOW executed by Client. Abacus will not start work on those Professional Services until it has received written approval from Client for the amount of estimated allocated hours to complete the Professional Services, and either payment for the total amount of hours approved or approval to execute against the Pre-Paid block of Professional Service hours which Client may have on the books. Optionally, Client may request Abacus to bill for services rendered against the approved SOW, in which case, Abacus shall issue a progress billing invoice on a weekly basis, which shall be due upon receipt. Abacus will not continue to work on a Professional Service project until the last progress bill payment has been processed and posted to the account. Client understands that the estimate to complete the services set forth in the SOW is only an estimate, and it may require more hours to complete the services. To the extent that additional hours are required to complete the work, Abacus will provide a change order request to be approved by Client and Client agrees to pay the additional hours estimated to complete the services set in the change order. Where Client has available hours in Client’s Professional Services Account, the additional hours needed to complete the services will be debited from Client’s Professional Services Account. Where Client does not have sufficient hours available in Client’s Professional Services Account to cover all of the hours needed to complete the services Abacus will invoice Client for the additional hours that have not been paid and Client agrees to make payment upon receipt of the invoice. To the extent that it takes Abacus less than the estimated allocated hours to complete the services set forth in the SOW or Client wishes to cancel the services or Project, the remaining hours purchased that were not expended by Abacus in an effort to complete the services contemplated by the SOW will be credited back to Client’s Professional Services Account for future use. Client hereby acknowledges that all Professional Service hours purchased by Client shall expire on the year anniversary of when those particular hours were purchased.
5. Limitation of Liability – IN NO EVENT SHALL ABACUS BE LIABLE TO CLIENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOOD WILL, DAMAGE TO BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, WORK STOPPAGE, LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR OTHER SUCH PECUNIARY LOSS), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ABACUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITHY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL ABACUS’ TOTAL AGGREGATE AND CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO CLIENT FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND ARISING AS A RESULT OF OR RELATED TO THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES PERFORMED BY ABACUS, OR TO ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ABACUS, EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT TO ABACUS FOR THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AT ISSUE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS PROVISION REFLECTS THE AGREED UPON ALLOCATION OF RISK FOR ABACUS TO PROVIDE THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND THAT ABACUS WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS ON ITS LIABILITY.
6. Indemnification – Client shall fully indemnify, hold harmless and defend (collectively “indemnify” and “indemnification”) Abacus and its directors, officers, employees, agents, stock holders and affiliates (collectively, “Indemnified Parties) from and against all claims demands, actions, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs), whether or not involving a third party claim, which arises out of or relate to (1) any breach of any representation or warranty of Client contained in these Terms and Conditions, and (2) any breach or violation of any covenant or other obligation or duty of Client under these Terms and Conditions or under applicable law, in each case whether or not caused by the negligence of Abacus or any other Indemnified Party and whether or not the relevant claim has merit.
7. Severability - If any part or parts of these Terms and Conditions, or corresponding Service Order or SOW executed by Client or any future modifications are held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining parts of the these Terms and Conditions, or corresponding Service Order or SOW executed by Client or modifications will continue to be valid and enforceable.
8. Waiver - The waiver by either party of a breach or default in any of the provisions of Terms and Conditions, or corresponding Service Order or SOW executed by Client or any future modifications shall not be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of the same or other provisions; nor shall any delay or omission on the part of either party to exercise or avail itself of any right, power or privilege that is has or may have hereunder operate as a waiver of any breach or default by the other party.
9. Integration - These Terms and Conditions and the corresponding Statement of Work affirmatively accepted by Client (which are incorporated by reference) set forth the entire agreement relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, discussions and understandings between them, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof.
10. Governing Law - These Terms and Conditions or SOW executed by Client shall be construed under the laws of the State of California regardless of conflict of law provisions. Client and Abacus irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in San Diego County, California for all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and/or corresponding Service Order, or SOW executed by Client or the services contemplated therein. Neither party will bring a legal action arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions and/or corresponding SOW executed by Client or the services contemplated therein, more than two years after the cause of action arose. Client and Abacus further agree that as a condition precedent to instituting any legal action, the parties must participate in a non-binding mediation in San Diego, California before a neutral from JAMS, with the parties equally splitting the costs of that mediation. If the parties cannot agree on a JAMS neutral, the neutral shall be selected by JAMS at its sole discretion. The mediation process shall be initiated by the aggrieved party submitting the case for mediation to JAMS directly, after providing the other party with notice of its intent to institute mediation.
11. Prevailing Party – In the event of any litigation arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions and/or corresponding SOW affirmatively accepted by Client, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the non-prevailing party all costs and expenses associated with such proceedings, including reasonable attorney’s fees. For purposes of this provision, if a matter is filed in any venue other than the state or federal courts in San Diego County, California and the matter is dismissed for improper venue, the party that did not file the action shall be deemed the prevailing party in that action.
All sample reports, product screen shots and documents on abacusnext.com contain fictional data only for the purpose of showing format and product features.