Most business owners strive to manage their sales and gain control over the process and the outcome. From scheduled and timely follow-up, to centralized account history of all communications, emails and documents, to a real-time and reliable sales pipeline, business owners need to have visibility into everything that has happened, is happening and is planned to happen - so that nothing falls through the cracks! A good CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system delivers all these things.
Here are five ways to use your CRM to help manage your sales:
- Effectively manage prospects and sales opportunities. CRM should be your central location for company-wide contacts from QuickBooks, Outlook, Constant Contact, and even Excel spreadsheets. With all of your prospects and sales opportunities managed in one place, your team can create and monitor follow-up activities, Sales Opportunities and Quotes/Estimates from within one application.
- Identify contacts for targeted promotions. With an unlimited number of ways to tag and identify contacts, you can pull reports on virtually any type of customer (or prospect) and send them very specific marketing campaigns. Contact lists for email campaigns can be directly uploaded to products like Constant Contact and the associated campaign reports can be monitored directly in your CRM.
- Identify upsell opportunities. Your CRM should integrate with your QuickBooks system, so that order history is automatically accessible form your CRM. Then when your Sales team is on the phone with a client, they can view everything that has been previously ordered and suggest complimentary products or services. Additionally, you can also design targeted upsell campaigns by pulling reports for everyone who ordered particular items.
- Assign, manage and easily track call lists and lead follow-up. Never let a sales opportunity or inquiry fall through the cracks. Schedule future follow-up directly within your CRM and even send it to your Outlook calendar. The Sales team can spend more time selling and less time reporting when the Sales Managers can view all planned sales activity. And no matter which department takes the call from a prospect, they will know exactly what is going on with that account by viewing the past interactions.
- Streamline your sales process and workflow. With a click of a button, create and email consistent quotes to your prospects. With another click, approved quotes can be turned over to your Operations department for product and service delivery in the form of Sales Orders and/or Invoices. These simple CRM features streamline communication and eliminate errors as well as double data entry.
Set your company up for success with the right CRM software in place to create and manage your sales opportunities and timely follow-up. Get ready to manage your sales with results!