It is not the strongest of the specises that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin
Learn about recent shifts in technology adoption by legal professionals in this infographic.
- According to the 2013 ABA Technology Survey Report, 44 % of lawyers use an iPhone and 33% use an iPad.
- The majority of Lawyers use iPhones, but Android (20%) and Blackberry (14%) are very close seconds, with 91% of all attorneys using a some type of Smartphone.
- In 2013, 3 out of 4 consumers looked online for an attorney.
- 31 out of 100 Lawyers use cloud computing
- The number of Lawyers with blogs continues to grow
- 45% of Lawyers outsourced legal work in 2012 (Compared to just 11.5% in 2009)
- In 2008 only 15% of Attorneys were on social media sites, this changed drastically in 2012 with 78% of Attorneys using social media sites
- Lawyers iPad usage has also gone up, in 2013 it was nearing 500,000
- 46% of Lawyers use cloud technology for time and billing needs
- 40% of solo lawyers utilized the cloud in 2013 compared to 29% in 2012 and 23% in 2011