2016: Growing by Leaps and Bounds
What an incredible year! Since February 2016 we moved to our new, 19,000 square foot headquarters. We more than doubled our staff. We listened to you, our valued clients, and launched a multitude of new products, features, and value add services, to ensure that we can help you overcome any technology challenge. And we made some amazing partnerships to bring you the next generation of software solutions from the IT industry’s biggest names. And we couldn't have done any of it without you.
So let’s jump into a DeLorean and travel back in time – because we have a lot of exciting, interesting, and incredibly fun things to cover, together.
Great Scott! 2016 in the Rear-View Mirror
- We joined forces with Amicus Attorney: Amicus’ strong innovation history combined with Abacus, one of the legal tech’s most influential players, are transforming the way the industry does business. In joining forces with Amicus, our customers and employees will benefit from being part of a more diversified industry. Our combination creates the widest range of Best in Class practice management, time, billing and accounting applications. And guess what – we’re really good together.
- Our new headquarters and unveiled our new identity reflects the evolution of the company. The new 19,000 square foot headquarters – our second office expansion in only 18 months – has allowed us to continue providing fantastic client support by expanding our team over 230%, including over 80 new jobs in development, engineering, and client services. We unveiled AbacusNext®as our overarching brand of next generation turnkey technology solutions for professional industries such as legal, financial, insurance, and healthcare.
- Addition of three data centers inLas Vegas,followed by two additional data centers inPhoenix and London, increases our global footprint to support our growth connecting and protecting the businesses of hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Our products took center stage
- We grew with Microsoft We became a Tier 1 member of theMicrosoft Cloud Solution Provider Program, allowing us to build and enhance the services we offer via the Microsoft product line, enabling our clients to benefit from exceptional technical knowledge and cloud-based solutions.
- Abacus Court Rules(ACR) now seamlessly integrates into AbacusLaw or Amicus Attorney, providing automated court rules synced with an easy-to-use calendar, keeping clients secure and organized.
- Mobile Apps forAbacusLaw and Amicus Attorney gives you easy access to your files, client information, phone calls, time entries, and notes everywhere, at any time. And the time tracker lets you capture every billable moment — from the expected meeting to the unexpected phone call — and everything in between.
And we received some credit for our hard work
- San Diego Business Journal named Abacus the 7thfastest growing private company. The journal researches and publishes the list of 150 Fastest Growing Private Companies each year, uncovering the region’s top emerging growth companies.
- Jumping up the Inc. 5000 list! For the second time we appeared on the Inc. 5000 list, ranking No. 880 Overall and No. 81 in IT Services with Special Recognition as the #18 Top San Diego company. Win-win-win.
- The San Diego Union-Tribunenamed Abacus Data Systems a winner of the 2016 Top Workplaces Award. The Top Workplaces lists are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey which asks questions about several aspects of organizational culture, including Alignment, Execution, and Connection, just to name a few.
And what’s more exciting?What we have in store for you in 2017.
We have a couple of great new “must haves” for professionals who want to streamline and automate their business coming your way in the new year! Our commitment to you is simple: to design and create tech solutions that make your life easier. As always, we thank you for your continued patronage and remain at your service.
So here’s to the last days of 2016 – may 2017 be just as exciting!